Apple AirPods Pro features innovative tech that takes audio to the next level. The same thing goes for the AirPods Max, as it’s arguably the best premium headphones on the market today.
Sadly, the ergonomic design of these wireless headphones and earpieces makes them relatively easy to misplace. The AirPods Pro wireless earphones are particularly susceptible to this due to their small size. So, it always helps smartphone users to know how to find lost AirPods that are offline.
Your AirPods Max or AirPods Pro are both useful and expensive items, so it’s imperative you do all you can to take the best care of them.
In this guide, we’ll be exploring some of the best ways to find your AirPods Pro earbuds, but first you need to familiarize yourself with certain helpful features for users, the most important of which is Find My App.
This is important because the two methods we’ll be explaining to help you locate the actual position of your lost AirPods hinges on this app.
Find My App
This is a super-helpful tool developed by Apple to help you track all your connected devices. Just like it does with AirTag, this app can help you pinpoint the exact location of your missing AirPods Max or AirPods Pro, whether it’s online or offline!
Its excellent device protection features also ensure your privacy, as well. However, for you to enjoy all the dividends that this fantastic product offers, you need to ensure you’ve activated it first.
Here’s a quick guide on how to do that:
Go to the home screen of your iPhone or MacBook.
Go to the Settings function and look for and tap on your Device Name.
Launch the Find My App tool. After this, you’ll need to tap and choose your Apple ID user profile.
Complete the setup process by enabling the following options:
- Enable Find my AirPods
- Enable Offline Finding
- Send the last location
With this in place on a compatible phone, you’re one step closer to finding your lost AirPods Max or AirPods Pro!
How to Find Lost AirPods That Are Offline
One moment you have AirPods in-ear, doing some light listening. You get up and go about your day as usual only to recall a few hours later that you can’t hear the music anymore! Considering how long ago it’s been and the battery life of your AirPods earbuds, your AirPods Pro is offline for sure by now.
Before you start to panic, check this out!
Apple is an amazing company, and they accounted for the possibility that users could lose their AirPods Max or AirPods Pro, and that’s why they came up with a device tracker with offline and online location services.
Thanks to the Find My tool, they can track your map location (only with your permission), and through this get an accurate location and current position of your online or offline devices. So, even with low battery levels or even dead battery power, you should be able to still find your AirPods Max or AirPods Pro with relative ease!
Ready to learn how to find lost AirPods that are offline?
Here are two ways to go about it:
Method 1 – Using Find My App on iPhone
This is arguably the fastest and simplest way to pinpoint the exact location of an offline lost device. Provided you have a profile for user set up, you can get the current position of your AirPods Max or AirPods Pro with minimal effort.
- Go to the Settings function on your iPhone.
- Find and click on the Apple ID Name at the top of the Settings page.
- Tap on the Find My function.
- Tap on the Find My iPhone option. This helps you find not just your mobile phone but also accessories like your current headphones and earbuds.
- Find the Devices option. This is where a list of all connected devices will be shown.
- Click on the AirPods options. From here you’ll see the current or last map location of the device.
- Go to the spot and get your AirPods Max or AirPods Pro.
If your device has a strong battery capacity and it’s still on, you can play a sound from your mobile device. Simply follow the helpful chirping sound your buds will make to hone in on them. On the other hand, if the entire battery charge has been drained, you won’t hear any noise.
Method 2 – Using Find My App on PC
This is a longer, yet equally effective route you can take to recover your lost wireless headphones or earphones.
Once you have your computer, all you have to do is:
- Open the browser devices tab and go to www.icloud.com.
- Access your user profile by signing in with your Apple ID and password.
- You may encounter a mode of authentication here. Enter the verification code sent to your device.
- Access the menu and tap on the Find iPhone option. The loading page could take a while so you may need to wait.
- Sign in once again with your Apple ID details and a map will be displayed.
- Tap All Devices at the top of the page. This will present you with a drop-down menu. The connections menu will show all connected devices and you can click on the AirPods option.
- Follow the map location that appears on your screen, pick up your lost device, and log out of your account.
AirPods Pro Anti-Loss Tips
To save you the stress of having to run around looking for your favorite headphones or earbuds, here’s some things you can do to keep up with them:
- Stay on guard at all times and be conscious of where you put your devices.
- Set up your Find My App ahead of time so you can use it to track your connected devices should the need ever arise.
- Get air hooks or AirPods straps. These may affect how easy you carry your AirPods, but they’ll definitely help you keep up with your earpods.
The ease of connectivity that AirPods Pro and AirPods Max offers is simply out of this world! That’s something no one would like to lose. As such, knowing how to find lost AirPods that are offline is pivotal.
To that end, we hope you found this article informative and helpful! Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for tech tips that’ll help get your audio experience to the peak!